Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - f#a#oo (1997)

Dark and orchestral post-rock from Montreal's Godspeed You! Black Emperor; I bring my love to you in the form of 1997's f#a#oo (F-sharp A-sharp Infinity). This record sends shivers down my spine and listening to it is sort of like a ritual; it's an intensely deep and spiritual experience for me- if you can find a copy on vinyl I would suggest tracking down an original, handmade one (the one I have has no label on the vinyl and an envelope inside with a flattened penny, hand-typed liner notes, a playbill for a show, a silk-screened picture of a train with the text "For The Reverend Gary Davis" on the side of it and a photocopied drawing of some metaphysical diagram of life). It also has hand-printed on the back cover in silver Sharpie the CST003 catalog number.

If you listen to this record and it doesn't stir something within you, you are dead inside...

0 comments:

Post a Comment