Sunday, November 21, 2010

Clive Tanaka y Su Orquesta - Jet Set Siempre No. 1 (2010)

I can find literally no info on Clive Tanaka; his website has March 2nd as the release date for this (originally in cassette-only format! The digital will be released on January 11th of next year) and then there's nothing of a personal nature at all. Very rarely do I read about a record and feel implored to seek it out, download it, listen to it three times in a row and immediately post it here, but there's an undeniable charm to the sounds on this album and the gravity that's pulling me to it.

All I can say is that this is going to be at the top of (or at the least one of my three favorite records this year); it's a chill-wavey lo-fi electropop synth-funk hot mess.

Sort of like Daft Punk meeting Toro y Moi in 1987 to
audio track a Jazzercise VHS tape.

Grab it now, because I'm almost guaranteeing this blog post will be shut down in the next three days!!!

Check out this video for the track Neu Chicago:

2 comments:

Joseph said...

As long as this whole blog doesn't shut down, OK? This is a nice place you've got. Thanks for your hard work..

Ed said...

Thank you!

Post a Comment