Sunday, July 18, 2010

Todosantos - Aeropuerto (2005)


When I was starting out trying to be a music writer, a friend sent me a website that was hiring and urged me to apply. I didn't get the gig, but I became a fan of their fair and diplomatic reviews (probably because they weren't trying to become some massive money-making media conglomerate like that one named after a piece of farm equipment). One review was of this band from Caracas, Venezuela; Todosantos and their album Aeropuerto. I listened to their posted tracks and quickly ordered the physical copy, I had to jump some minor hurdles with the shipping costs and my lousy Spanish while corresponding with their record label, but it arrived a week later.

I'm thinking this album was made in response to (or on the heels of) all the other successful electro-pop albums of the early part of the decade- The Postal Service's Give Up, The Notwist's Neon Golden, múm's Finally We Are No One and Manitoba's Up In Flames, with a decidedly post-punk/glitch edge to it.

Anyway, enjoy one of the coolest electro albums to come from abroad this past decade...

1 comments:

Nico. B said...

please can you reup the cd?

Post a Comment