Friday, April 2, 2010

Slint - Spiderland (1991)


Next time you see me, please do me a favor and tell me how much of an idiot I am. I used to have an original LP copy of this that I got in the mid-to-late '90s, but sold it before I moved to California because "moving is really expensive and I need the money". Yeah, on second (and third and fourth) thought; I'd rather have this back. I've seen copies of it floating around eBay for around $40, so yeah- I'm an idiot (I probably got like 5 bucks for it, so that adds insult enough).

So what to say about Slint's Spiderland that hasn't been said already? Besides for the fact that it's considered a landmark album in both the early Post-Rock and (the more annoying genre tag of) Math Rock, it's an album that fucking rocks. Yeah, it's super dark, creepy, kinda eerie, full of emotional angst, it's methodical, meticulous and alienated... did I say creepy yet?

Just fucking download it. Then when you see me, do me that favor I asked of you. Then I can ridicule you and your shitty music library for not already owning this.

1 comments:

bam said...

Will Oldham
Boom. Roasted.

Post a Comment